Boiler Servicing in Bristol
Bristol Unigas specialise in boiler servicing and are recommended by Worcester to carry out boiler servicing in Bristol. A regular annual boiler service will keep you’re your boiler working efficiently and safely and can also reduce the risk of your boiler breaking down. Boiler servicing is recommended by all boiler manufacturers and in doing so will save you money in the long run. A boiler service can make you aware of any current problems with your system or issues that are likely to become problematic in the future.
- Check the gas supply for any drop in pressure
- Inspect the boiler for water leaks and corrosion
- Inspect the flue to ensure there are no unsafe admissions
- Check the operation and controls of the boiler
- Check the electrical wiring and connections
- Inspect the condensate trap
- Check the flame picture and safety devices
- Gas Analyser check to ensure your boiler is working correctly
- Gas rate check to ensure the boiler is consuming the correct amount of gas
- Leave a gas inspection checklist with information about the boiler
When we do a boiler service for you, your details can be added to our database and each year we will contact you with a reminder that your boiler service is due. If you need your boiler servicing in Bristol, then give us a call for a free competitive quote.
As well as boiler servicing in Bristol, we also service gas fires. It is important to service your gas fire annually, especially open fluid and older appliances.
Gas Appliances – Get it serviced keep it safe
It is very important that your gas appliances, including you gas boiler, oven ,hob and gas fires should be serviced according to the manufacturer’s guidelines, at least once a year, especially with older appliances
If you do not have your gas appliances checked and serviced every year you could be putting you and your family in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Signs that your appliances need servicing
Look out for warning signs that show your gas appliances need to be serviced.
What will the engineer do during the boiler service
- Your gas appliance is not working properly.
- Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow or orange flame instead of a crisp blue flame.
- You can see soot or yellow/brown staining around or on gas appliances. The pilot light keeps going out.
- The pilot light keeps going out.
- There is increased condensation inside windows.
If you notice any of these signs or anything else that is unusual, get your Bristol Unigas Safe registered engineer to check your appliances as soon as possible.
Worcester offer a 12 year parts and labour guarantee on the Lifestyle 8000 range and a 10 year parts and labour guarantee on the Si Compact, i Junior and the Ri Regular range of boilers if fitted with a Worcester system filter.